Friday, July 27, 2012

Last Days in Paradise


Our time in the San Blas is drawing to a close for now as Don and I  prepare for our visit back to see family and friends up north. One thing that has really struck us on this visit as compared to ten years ago is the increased number of tourists, tourist boats, and eco-lodges here in the San Blas. With the improvement of the Carti road it is now possible to almost day trip to the islands where as it use to be only accessible by boat or small plane. Previously molas were the mainstay in years past, now tourism has taken a hold and we can only wonder what that will do to this already fragile environment. 













San Blas Islands of Panama......a beautiful place, a simple way of life.

2 comments:

  1. As I read your post my tears fell for you and I know your heartbreak. I lost my husband in August of 2014. There are no words to express what your are going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Missed cruising with you and Don. Sharon, S/V Hale Kai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sharon, thank you for your kind words, I too am sorry to hear of your loss. We had a good time in the Bahamas, and we were so blessed and lucky to have shared such a wonderful life with wonderful men.

    ReplyDelete